Is God In My Life?



IS GOD IN MY LIFE?
June 6th, 2013

OPEN WITH PRAYER
Father, we thank You for bringing us here this evening.  We know that each one of us is here tonight for a good reason. You want to bring us closer to You and to understand how much You really love us.  Please help us to open our minds and our hearts to your words of love. In all these things we pray, in Jesus’ name. Amen

WHERE DO I SEE GOD IN MY LIFE?
In the past, whenever I prepared for a sermon or to lead a Bible Study, I would pray and take direction from God. This time I started by GOOGLING some questions and thoughts. Then I realized I was going nowhere because I had turned to a computer first before turning to God. I apologized to Our Father and asked for His guidance.

AS A RESULT . . .
Tonight, we would like to discuss: “Where do I see God in my life?

God helped me to recall past experiences when I had asked Him for His guidance.

Here are some initial thoughts for all of us.

WHO IS GOD?
The book of John (1 John 4:8) in the New Testament says that “God is Love”.
John 3:16 “For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son so that everyone who believes in Him will not perish but have eternal life.”

WHAT DOES THIS MEAN … WILL NOT PERISH BUT HAVE ETERNAL LIFE?
This means that something major changed when Jesus Christ died on the cross.
B.C. (Before Christ), when we died, our soul would perish without God.
A.D. (Anno Domini) After Christ, when we die, if we believe in Christ, our soul will live in God’s loving presence for eternity.

WE ARE MORE THAN CONQUERORS … neither DEATH, nor LIFE, ANGELS, RULERS, PRESENT or FUTURE, POWERS, HEIGHT, DEPTH, NOTHING IN CREATION
can separate us from the LOVE OF GOD in Christ Jesus. (Romans 8:37-39)

MORE GOOD NEWS
Do we have to wait until we die to experience the LOVE and FAVOR of GOD? The answer is NO! The Kingdom of God is here now. Once we accept Jesus Christ as our Redeemer, our sins (past, present and future) are forgiven and we can enjoy the benefits of God’s loving grace and blessings. (Romans 3:24, Romans 5:2)

WE ARE PRISONERS OF THIS WORLD. CHRIST DIED TO SET US FREE.  HE WANTS US NOW, JUST AS WE ARE, TO ACCEPT HIS SACRIFICE AND BE BLESSED.

Where do you see God in your life?

CLOSING PRAYER:
Jesus, we hear your voice and we hear you knocking.  I will open the door and invite you to please come into my heart and be the Lord of my life. Thank you for suffering and dying for my sins. I am now forgiven and acceptable to God as His child and can enjoy the abundance of blessings that He has for His family.  Help me to give thanks for all of these blessings and to always turn to you for ALL of my problems, concerns, illnesses, etc. and to have faith that you will address each and every one of them. Help me to live in peace and joy knowing that ALL things work out for good to those who trust, honor and love you.


In all these things we pray in Jesus’ name. AMEN