Rest In Peace


REST IN PEACE

Psalm 4
Answer me when I call to you, O my righteous God. Give me relief from my distress; be merciful to me and hear my prayer. How long, O men, will you turn my glory into shame? How long will you love delusions and seek false gods? Know that the LORD has set apart the godly for himself; the LORD will hear when I call to him. In your anger do not sin; when you are on your beds, search your hearts and be silent. Offer right sacrifices and trust in the LORD. Many are asking, "Who can show us any good?" Let the light of your face shine upon us, O LORD. You have filled my heart with greater joy than when their grain and new wine abound. I will lie down and sleep in peace, for you alone, O LORD, make me dwell in safety.

REPHRASED:
My perfect Father, we really need You. Please give us Your compassion and sympathy. Help us to not turn Your blessings into regrets. Help us to not misdirect our love or give our attention to the false priorities of this world. Our trust is with you LORD.  In our silence, we search our hearts and we bring our sins before you and ask for your forgiveness. Lord, bring us to safety from our worries and sorrows, so we can joyfully rest in Your peace.

This psalm, written by King David approximately 1000 years before Christ, was sung and would set the mood for the worship service. It is very similar in format to the "The Lord's Prayer" which came directly from our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, the Prince of Peace:

Our Father who art in heaven, hallowed be thy name. Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread, and forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us, and lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.” (Matthew 6:9-13)

format:  Acknowledge, Praise and Agree with our loving God. Ask God to take care of us, to forgive us as we forgive others, to help us to avoid temptation and to pull us out of the ocean of sin.

We must ALWAYS AGREE with our Loving God by referring to His Word and we must minimize what the world says, then we will be safe and our lives will be in perfect peace. May the peace of the Lord be with you always.

“Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.(Phillipians 4:6-7)

REST IN the PEACE (of the Lord)