Moving To The Kingdom


MOVING TO THE KINGDOM

Psalm 23
1 The LORD is my shepherd, I shall not be in want.
2 He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters,
3 He restores my soul. He guides me in paths of righteousness for his name's sake.
4 Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me.
5 You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies.
You anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows.
6 Surely goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life,
and I will dwell in the house of the LORD forever.

PSALM 23 REPHRASED
The LORD is my guardian who cares for all of my needs. He renews my soul to agree with His will. I am never afraid, no matter how great the threat, because He protects me from all of my enemies. I will move and live in His Kingdom forever, where He blesses me above and beyond my needs with His goodness and His love.

BENEFITS OF LIVING IN THE KINGDOM
God loves you, He wants to be close to you, He wants the best for you, He wants to protect you and to excessively bless you in your physical and spiritual life.

QUESTION?
If the verses above are true, then what is wrong with all of us? God does not lie. What is wrong with our lives and the lives of others? What is missing from our end? Let's double check and see what God wants us to do as His children and as residents of His Kingdom:

RULES OF THE KINGDOM

1. Do we love God above all things?
Where is God in our list of importance and priorities? How much time do we allot to Him in prayer? Do we come to God with our sins and ask Him to forgive us? Do we agree to not sin again? Do we listen for His guidance? Do we obey His direction? Do we study His Word?
2. Do we share His love with others?
Do we place others ahead of ourselves? Do we look to serve others? Are we always ready to help others? Do we constantly pray for others? Do we forgive others? Do we bring joy to others? Are we compassionate and understanding? Are we patient and loving? Do we cry when others cry? Do we love others as we love ourselves? Do we love ourselves and care for ourselves?

If we follow steps 1 and 2, as directed by Jesus (Luke 10:27, Matthew 22:37, Mark 12:30), then we are taking the right steps to move into God’s Kingdom. Now, start getting ready to benefit excessively and abundantly from God's love and blessings. He will protect us and never let us go.  

"Seek first the Kingdom of God, then all other things will be given to you." (Matthew 6:33)

I don’t know about you but I am …
MOVIN' (ON UP) TO THE KINGDOM

Note: Refer to the Eight Beatitudes (Matthew 5:1-12) for “Principles of Living in God’s Kingdom”.