In Good Hands

In Good Hands
Psalm 31:1-5
1 In you, O LORD, I have taken refuge; let me never be put to shame; deliver me in your righteousness. 2 Turn your ear to me, come quickly to my rescue; be my rock of refuge, a strong fortress to save me. 3 Since you are my rock and my fortress, for the sake of your name lead and guide me. 4 Free me from the trap that is set for me, for you are my refuge. 5 Into your hands I commit my spirit; redeem me, O LORD, the God of truth.

(Rephrased)
Lord, You keep me safe by protecting me from those who want to shame me. You cleanse my heart, You hear me when I call, You rescue and save me from danger by leading me and guiding me.  You free me from any trap that has been set for me, You are my sanctuary and I place my life in Your hands because You are the God of Truth.

How can you place your life in God's Hands?
Scripture tells us that you will be safe and protected and that God will lead you and guide you to make the right choices when you place your life in His hands. Here are some thoughts:

1. Find time to be in God's presence
We need to take quality time to be in God's presence everyday and to listen to His wise leading. Finding some quiet time is very difficult in a life that is full of many responsibilities and many distractions but this has to be a priority in your life if you want to receive the fullness of God's blessings, protection and guidance. You will find that once you have experienced the presence of God, that you will want to do it as often as possible. As you increase the frequency, you will not always have to rely on a quiet setting, you will be able to be in His presence as you go through your daily activities and open your heart to God. We are privileged to be able to have one-on-one meetings with the Almighty Creator of this universe. Remember, that the Kingdom of God is within you and we need to bring it out into this world as often as possible. Let your light shine!

2. 'Open your heart' to God
This means that we acknowledge that without God in our lives, we are in constant danger. We are at risk to our own imperfect desires, to the leading of this imperfect world and the temptations of the enemy who wants to steal our blessings, kill our hopes and destroy our joy and peace. We need help to avoid all of these situations. With 'open hearts', we are constantly aware of the presence of the Holy Spirit of God in our lives and we are constantly listening to His guidance and actively obeying his leading. We must strive for His will to be done here on earth as it is in Heaven.

3. Humbly come before God
God truly wants us to bring our sins, our worries and all of our ailments to Him. He has given us His Son Jesus to die on the cross for us so that our sins will all be forgiven, so that we will be set free from our internal prisons, for our worries and concerns to be resolved and for us to be healed in so many ways. We must agree to avoid these sins and to listen to the direction and guidance we are given by the Holy Spirit in order to resolve all of our problems. As you listen, obey and witness God in action in your life, then all of your needs will be met, you will find that you will want to read more, hear more and contemplate more on the Word of God through the Bible, church services, others who are devoted to God (fellowship), Christian music, etc.

4. Be Ready to Obey
Because your heart is open to God's leading, He will ask you to pray for others, to help others whenever possible, to forgive and love others and to bring others to the Truth. Be ready to obey. Any good you do in the name of Jesus will be returned to you exceedingly and abundantly through God's grace and blessings.

Please know that you are ...
In Good Hands