Would You Risk Your Life For a Lost Child?




Would You Risk Your Life For a Lost Child?

The Parable of the Lost Sheep
Now the tax collectors and sinners were all gathering around to hear Jesus. But the Pharisees and the teachers of the law muttered, “This man welcomes sinners and eats with them.” Then Jesus told them this parable: “Suppose one of you has a hundred sheep and loses one of them. Doesn’t he leave the ninety-nine in the open country and go after the lost sheep until he finds it? And when he finds it, he joyfully puts it on his shoulders and goes home. Then he calls his friends and neighbors together and says, ‘Rejoice with me; I have found my lost sheep.’  I tell you that in the same way there will be more rejoicing in heaven over one sinner who repents than over ninety-nine righteous persons who do not need to repent.
The Parable of the Lost Coin
“Or suppose a woman has ten silver coins and loses one. Doesn’t she light a lamp, sweep the house and search carefully until she finds it? And when she finds it, she calls her friends and neighbors together and says, ‘Rejoice with me; I have found my lost coin.’ In the same way, I tell you, there is rejoicing in the presence of the angels of God over one sinner who repents.” Luke 15:1-10

The truth is, Jesus provides everything I need to live a full life. He refreshes my soul and He shows me the way I must follow in His name. Even when I am threatened by death, I will fear no evil for He is with me and He brings me peace and comfort. He protects me from my enemies. I belong to Him and my heart overflows with joy. His goodness and mercy are with me all my life and I will be with Him forever. Psalm 23 (edited)

Jesus saw the huge crowd as he stepped from the boat, and he had compassion on them because they were like sheep without a shepherd. So he began teaching them many things. Mark 6:34

For the Lamb on the throne will be their Shepherd. He will lead them to springs of life-giving water. And God will wipe every tear from their eyes.” Revelation 7:17

Yes, the Sovereign LORD is coming in power. He will rule with a powerful arm. See, he brings his reward with him as he comes. He tends his flock like a shepherd: He gathers the lambs in his arms and carries them close to his heart; he gently leads those that have young. Isaiah 40:10

Jesus explained it to them: “I tell you the truth, I am the gate for the sheep. John 10:7

The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the fullest. “I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd lays down his life for the sheep. John 10:10

I am the good shepherd; I know my own sheep, and they know me, John 10:14

Then we your people, the sheep of your pasture, will thank you forever and ever, praising your greatness from generation to generation. Psalm 79:13

My sheep hear my voice. I am knocking at your door. If you hear my voice and open the door I will come into your heart. I did not come to judge you but to save you. I came for you to have an abundant life. I give you eternal life so you may live forever and no one will ever snatch you out of My hand. There is nothing, physical or spiritual that can ever separate you from My Love. If you see me, you see the Father. The only way to the Father is through me.