The Purpose of God’s Plan


The Purpose of God’s Plan

Deuteronomy 18:15-20
 15 The Lord your God will raise up for you a prophet like me from among you, from your fellow Israelites. You must listen to him.16 For this is what you asked of the Lord your God at Horeb on the day of the assembly when you said, “Let us not hear the voice of the Lord our God nor see this great fire anymore, or we will die.” 17 The Lord said to me: “What they say is good. 18 I will raise up for them a prophet like you from among their fellow Israelites, and I will put my words in his mouth. He will tell them everything I command him.19 I myself will call to account anyone who does not listen to my words that the prophet speaks in my name. 20 But a prophet who presumes to speak in my name anything I have not commanded, or a prophet who speaks in the name of other gods, is to be put to death.”

Summary: Moses announces that God will be sending “The Messiah” (1400 years before Christ was born). Because the people were afraid of the Almighty God, at Mt. Horeb (the ‘Mountain of God’, where the 10 Commandments were inscribed by the ‘Finger of God’), they asked Moses to be their intercessor. God says that He will send a prophet, human like Moses, who will only say the words that God has put in his mouth and that He will hold accountable anyone who does not listen to His words.

John 8 … “So Jesus said, "When you have lifted up the Son of Man, then you will know that I am He and that I do nothing on my own but speak just what the Father has taught me.”

What was the purpose of God’s plan to send a Messiah? 
   Nothing says it better than His own Word:

John 12 … “I have come into the world as light, so that whoever believes in me may not remain in darkness. If anyone hears my words and does not keep them, I do not judge him; for I did not come to judge the world but to save the world. The one who rejects me and does not receive my words has a judge; the word that I have spoken will judge him on the last day. For I have not spoken on my own authority, but the Father who sent me has himself given me a commandment -- what to say and what to speak. And I know that His commandment is eternal life. What I say, therefore, I say as the Father has told me."

Luke 19 … "For the Son of Man came to seek and to save the lost."

Matthew 20 … “the Son of Man came NOT to be served but to serve, and to give His life as a ransom for many."

Galatians 4 … “God has sent the Spirit of his Son into our hearts, crying, "Abba! Father!" So you are no longer a slave, but a son, and if a son, then an heir through God.”

1 Timothy … “Our Savior, who desires all people to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth. For there is one God and there is one mediator between God, the man Christ Jesus, who gave Himself as a ransom for all.”
… “Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners, of whom I am the foremost. But I received mercy for this reason, that in me, as the foremost, Jesus Christ might display His perfect patience as an example to those who were to believe in Him for eternal life. To the King of ages, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory forever and ever. Amen”

Ephesians 3 … “Now glory be to God, who by His mighty power at work within us is able to do far more than we would ever dare to ask or even dream of - infinitely beyond our highest prayers, desires, thoughts, or hopes. May He be given glory forever and ever through endless ages because of his master plan of salvation for the Church through Jesus Christ.”

2 Corinthians … “God made Him who had no sin to be sin for us, so that in Him we might become the righteousness of God.”