The TRINITY



The TRINITY
The Trinity is One God existing in three Persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.

NICENE CREED
We believe in one God, the Father, the Almighty, maker of heaven and earth, of all that is, seen and unseen.
We believe in one Lord, Jesus Christ, the only Son of God, eternally begotten of the Father, God from God, Light from Light, true God from true God, begotten, not made, of one being with the Father; through him all things were made. For us and for our salvation he came down from heaven:
was incarnate of the Holy Spirit and the Virgin Mary, and became truly human. For our sake he was crucified under Pontius Pilate; he suffered death and was buried. On the third day he rose again
in accordance with the Scriptures; he ascended into heaven and is seated at the right hand of the Father. He will come again in glory to judge the living and the dead, and his kingdom will have no end.
We believe in the Holy Spirit, the Lord, the giver of life, who proceeds from the Father [and the Son],
who with the Father and the Son is worshiped and glorified, who has spoken through the prophets. We believe in one holy catholic and apostolic Church. We acknowledge one baptism for the forgiveness of sins. We look for the resurrection of the dead, and the life of the world to come. Amen

Genesis 1:26, 3:22, 11:7 … God uses the word “us”

Isaiah 48:16 “Come near me and listen to this: “From the first announcement I have not spoken in secret; at the time it happens, I am there.”  And now the Sovereign Lord has sent me, endowed with his Spirit. This is what the Lord says, your Redeemer, the Holy One of Israel: “I am the Lord your God,     who teaches you what is best for you, who directs you in the way you should go.”

Matthew 3:16 “And when Jesus was baptized, immediately he went up from the water, and behold, the heavens were opened to him, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove and coming to rest on him; and behold, a voice from heaven said, “This is my beloved Son, with whom I am well pleased.”

Matthew 28:19 “Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit.”

2 Corinthians 13:14 “May the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ and the love of God and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit be with you all.”

John 14:16 “And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another Helper, to be with you forever, the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it neither sees him nor knows him. You know him, for he dwells with you and will be in you.”

Manifestations of God
Here is a very humble example of the Trinity … Several years ago, I was teaching Sunday School to young teens and I was asked to explain the Holy Trinity. I quietly turned to the Holy Spirit for guidance and the following example came to my mind. My daughter was one of my Sunday School students and I was also her coach in a basketball community league. I told my students that I played 3 very different roles in my daughter’s life: (1) Loving Dad, (2) Basketball Coach and (3) Sunday School Teacher … YET … I was still ONE and the same person. This is a very minute and humble analogy. 

Father, thank you for Your Son and Your Spirit.