Draw Near to Jesus



Draw Near to Jesus
- H Y M N S  W E   L O V E   T O   S I N G -
We will draw near to You, Jesus we hear You calling. There is no fear here in Your perfect love. We will draw near to You, Knowing that as we do, You will draw near, You will draw near to us.

More love to thee, more love to thee, hear now the prayer I make on bended knee: this is my earnest plea, more love oh Christ to thee, More love to thee, more love to thee.

I must tell Jesus all of my trials, I cannot bear these burdens alone ... I must tell Jesus, I must tell Jesus, Jesus can help me, Jesus alone.

Tis so sweet to trust in Jesus, just to take Him at His Word … I’m so glad I learned to trust Him, precious Jesus Savior, Friend. And I know that He is with me, will be with me to the end.

Jesus loves me this I know, for the Bible tells me so. Little ones to Him belong, they are weak but He is strong. Yes, Jesus loves me, the Bible tells me so.

How can you get closer to Jesus? Start by praying to the Holy Spirit, who “bears witness for Jesus Christ”, to guide you. Trust that Jesus’ death and resurrection paid for all of your sins and that you are now saved. You will need to get back into His Word. Make it your goal to glorify God by bearing much fruit. Dwell in Christ’s love; obey His commandments, resist evil, stay focused on His joy and bring others to learn about God’s Kingdom. Note: Schedule several 1-on-1 meetings with Jesus.

“That I may gain Christ, and be immersed in Him, not because I have my own righteousness but because I have the righteousness that comes by way of Christ’s forgiveness ... My aim is to know Him, to experience the power of His resurrection, to share in His sufferings and to be like Him in his death” (Phil 3:7-10)

Christ said:  If you abide in Me, and My words abide in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be done for you.” (John 14:13) ; “Whatever you ask in My name, that will I do, so that the Father may be glorified in the Son. If you ask Me anything in My name, I will do it.”  (John 15:7)

Bearing Fruit

“My Father is glorified by this, that you bear much fruit, and so prove to be My disciples.” (John 15:8)

They should know by our fruit that we follow Jesus. The fruit of the Holy Spirit, “love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control.” (Gal. 5:22)

“I have been crucified with Christ; and it is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself up for me.” (Gal. 2:20)

You can renew your love for Christ by remembering His great love for you. It is amazing to know that Jesus (who has been given ALL authority over ALL things) loves you beyond understanding.  As Paul said to the Ephesians (Eph. 3:17): “that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith, so that, because you have been rooted and grounded in love, you may be able to comprehend with all the believers what is the breadth and length and height and depth, and thus to know the love of Christ that surpasses knowledge, so that you may be filled up to all the fullness of God.”

If you obey my commandments, you will remain in my love, just as I have obeyed my Father’s commandments and remain in his love. I have told you these things so that my joy may be in you, and your joy may be full.  (John 15:10-11)