Be Like Me


Leviticus 19:1-2,15-18

1The Lord said to Moses: 2Speak to the entire congregation of the people of Israel and say to them: You shall be holy, for I the Lord your God am holy.
15You shall not render an unjust judgment; you shall not be partial to the poor or defer to the great: with justice you shall judge your neighbor. 16You shall not go around as a slanderer among your people, and you shall not profit by the blood of your neighbor: I am the Lord. 17You shall not hate in your heart anyone of your kin; you shall reprove your neighbor, or you will incur guilt yourself. 18You shall not take vengeance or bear a grudge against any of your people, but you shall love your neighbor as yourself: I am the Lord.

These verses from Leviticus have been called the Old Testament's version of the Sermon On the Mount.

Imagine God, Our Father giving the valedictorian speech to a large group of students who are ready to go out into the world for the first time. I can just hear Him saying:

"There are two things you must know before you go out into this dangerous world:

# 1 ... BE LIKE ME ...
"You must strive to be perfect in this imperfect world. You are my children and I am so proud of you. Please try your best to be holy like I am holy. Please understand that it's for your own good. I want you to be 'Like Father Like Child'. When others see you, I want them to say "You don't plant beans and get corn." If you pursue being holy, the joys in your life will be exceeded abundantly beyond all that you can ask for or can even think of. When you accept My Son Jesus as your Savior, you are heirs to my Kingdom, you will be given many gifts, you will be treated as royalty. See yourself as a Prince or a Princess NOT as a Pauper when it comes to mental health, physical health, financial health and spiritual health. I am your King and I will provide all of these things.

# 2 ... SHARE MY LOVE AND BLESSINGS WITH OTHERS
Be just and impartial and show no favoritism. Remember that whether you steal from a poor person or a rich person, it is still stealing. Jesus said that you don't have to kill someone to break the commandment. All you have to do is think badly of someone, whether that someone is a good person or a bad person. YOU MUST KNOW that any bad thought or any bad act originating from you will only result in a multitude of bad actions to be directed against you and your family. However, any good thought or or any good act brings an abundance of goodness back to you and your family. So, strive to be holy and only think of and do good things for your own safety, benefit and well-being. Reflect the light of Jesus, who is the Light of this World. Darkness cannot exist where there is light.

Do not damage anyone's reputation and do not profit by your neighbor's loss. Do not hate anyone. Do not look for vengeance or have resentment. You must forgive others in order for you to be forgiven.
But most of all, love your neighbor as I love you. Others will know you are my children and living in my kingdom by the way you love each other. Your life and the life of your children and family will be filled with so many of My blessings.

If you do what is holy then you and your family will be safe and your lives will be filled with many blessings. If you do the unholy things of this world then you will not be safe and you will be controlled by your desires allowing the enemy to steal your joy and to destroy your life. 

Always remember that you are my children and that you are NOT of this world. So GO and I will endorse your Holiness because you have chosen to do your best to be perfect and holy like ME. I have spoken, your Father in Heaven who loves you beyond your understanding, who forgives you and always wants the best for you.

So, here is the purpose for your life. Be like Me and share My love with each other. GO my children, please be careful and know that I AM always by your side ... 24x7."